Annual Appeal Week 8-14 May 2017
Our annual appeal is a chance to raise money to provide with life-changing support to people in Canterbury who are living with, and overcoming, family and sexual violence. It is also a chance to raise awareness about family violence in Canterbury; spread the word about Aviva and our services; and remind people that there is support available for anyone who wants to overcome family violence.
This year's appeal week runs from May 8th to May 14th of May with a street appeal on the Friday and Saturday (12/13th). We hope that our generous community will get behind Aviva through that, and in other ways.
Only 45% of our funding comes from government contracts and we need to generate an additional $1 million from other sources each year just to keep our services running. The funds raised are invaluable in providing services such as 24-hour phone support, family violence education programmes for women and children and ReachOut early intervention support to men, plus many more – check out our website to see the full range of services we now offer
Here is how you could support Aviva’s Annual Appeal:
- Volunteer two hours (or more!) of your time to our street appeal on Friday 12th and Saturday 13th of May to help us collect throughout Christchurch, Kaiapoi, Rangiora, Amberley and Rolleston. Click on the following links to register your interest:
- Volunteer a couple of hours to help count the collection on Friday - Tuesday
- Run your own fundraising event with your colleagues, family, class mates, friends or community group; we’ve created some fun fundraising ideas for schools, workplaces or community groups if you are after a bit of inspiration.
- Make a donation to Aviva. You can find all the details on how you can do this online, by bank transfer or by cheque here.
- Gift goods or services that we can gift to clients or use for fundraising.
If you decide to do a fundraiser, we would love to hear about it so that we can share your plans, photos and successes with our other supporters. If you are interested in running a larger event please get in touch; we may be able to let our other supporters know and help promote it.
If you are interested in supporting Aviva but the timing of our Appeal Week does not suit you, please choose any time that works for you – we love support all-year round.
If you have any other questions please call 0800 AVIVA NOW (0800 28482 669) or email email@example.com.
Every day at Aviva we see children, women and men come through our doors needing support to live safely, free from violence. And every day we are privileged to see children, women and men change their lives for the better. We hope that you will be part of their journey, and ours.