A society where family violence is not tolerated, where people of all ages are safe and encouraged to be their best, and where families are honoured and supported as the origins of New Zealand’s future.
To support New Zealand families to become their best, free from family violence.
Overcoming family violence is possible for everyone.
- Everyone has the potential to become a great partner or parent, if offered the right services in the right way at the right time.
- Social injustices, including gender inequalities, are the principle causes of family violence and compromise the health, dignity, security and potential of all New Zealanders.
- The safest place for us all should be our homes. In order to achieve this, families and communities should be empowered to enable homes to become violence free.
- Services should be offered within the context of a family's healthy or potentially healthy relationships, which families should be empowered to strengthen.
- People who have overcome family violence are uniquely experienced to inspire and encourage those needing support to travel the same path.
- The provision of effective services for women and children is enhanced by the provision of effective services for men.
- Social Justice