If you need help immediately
- If you are in immediate danger dial 111
- The police will be able to assist you to contact Aviva once you are safe
- Run outside - head for where there are other people
- Scream for help
If you require support from Aviva
Call us on 378 3847 or 0800 AVIVA NOW (0800 28482 669) - 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Individualised support for children, women and men (via our ReachOut service)
- Safe accommodation for children and women in a temporary Safe House
- Community-based Support (because you don't have to enter a Safe House)
- Advocacy Services with other organisations or agenices e.g. WINZ, Hosuign NZ
- Family Court approved education programmes for women and children and access to them for men
- Shine safe@home home security upgrade service
- No Interest Loans
- Specialist Peer Support
Our criteria for services are that you or your children are experiencing domestic violence; this includes physical, psychological, and emotional abuse.
Our trained staff will be able to talk about your options and help you plan for safety.
A safer, happier future IS possible - read about how some other women and men have changed their lives for the better
Did you know?
- Telecom supply phones free of charge that will allow you to make 111 calls if you are unable to afford a standard rental
- A 111 call can be made from a mobile phone even if you don't have any credit
- 111 calls from telephone booths are free
There is a SAFE TXT service provided by Telecom and Vodafone. You are able to register your whereabouts on a central database via txt message, and in the unlikely event that you go missing, police are able to access the information that you recorded.
To use Safe Txt:
Send a free txt message to 7233 (Safe) with your location, and intended plans.
Each txt will be acknowledged by an automated reponse, which advises that the information has been received and stored. The message will also advise that if the person feels threatened or if they are in danger to call 111.